Friday, July 24, 2015

Deal of the Day - Classic Hummus

I like Deals of the Day that say what they mean, like Mediterranean Kitchen's Classic Hummus. That's it, just chick peas, tahini and a little water and oil, with a minimal amount of preservative.

It doesn't take much to make a cheap and delicious Middle Eastern snack dip. This vegetarian Hummus has been stocked in my local 99c only Store and Dollar Tree lately. Just go the the refrigerated glass case to find it. Usually my wife prefers the hummus at Trader Joe's, but this is a tasty change of pace. But for half the price I can recommend this Hummius.

(And click on the following recipe names to see a couple of my cheap$kate homemade Hummus recipes: a Plain Hummus and Eggplant Hummus.)


At only 7.5 ounces, it's easy to finish off half a container. I usually like to slice pita into small triangles to dip with, but if I have crunch veggies around, like carrot, then I'll mix it up. I can easily finish up what's left in a box of crackers with Hummus.


The Hummus texture is creamy. And the taste is bean and buttery with a touch of sourness. It's a decent version of a classic Hummus.


There's an expiration date for this Hummus, but that's no problem as the dip never last more than a couple of days, once it's opened..


If you are particular about your Hummus, this may underwhelm, but for the price and overall flavor, it think it's a good Deal of the Day worth a strong 7, based on my rating scale of 1 to 9, 9 being best.

I can recommend Mediterranean Kitchen's Classic Hummus to set out for yourself, or any guests.

3 comments:

Corvixy said...

Thanks for this review, I was really curious about this brand. I'm so glad you posted this.:)

Mollie B. said...

I purchased a container of Classic Hummus, marked 7 oz. It was not completely filled. The whole container, plus the hummus, weighed 7 oz. on my very accurate home letter scale.

Unknown said...

I found this at the 99c store and actually I bought the spicy one. It wasn't that spicy, but for $1 I can't complain . I ended up eating it all with a knife lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...