Sunday, August 28, 2011

Breakfast in Louisiana - Cajun Cuisine Diary, VIDEO

This week, it's a feast for the ears. The 99 Cent Chef ends where he began: Breakfast in Louisiana. Last week I featured Crawfish Etouffee, my final Cajun Cuisine Diary recipe. After this post, it's back to my normal format of unique budget recipes. No overriding menu theme, just scrumptiousness wherever I can find it.

Chef Matt's Shrimp and Grits

For my final Cajun video, you will eavesdrop on audio clips from my two-month-long Louisiana vacation food diary series. Listen in as my family paints quite a culinary aural mural of Cajun delicacies. 

The Cineste Chef ties all the voices together with a baroque camera move that the film masters of the long-take dolly shot would be jealous of: Jean-Luc Godard, Paul Thomas Anderson, Orson Wells, Brian De Palma, and Martin Scorsese -- just click on one of their names to see what I am talking about.

Mom's Chicken and Sausage Gumbo

As my camera travels over Louisiana Community Coffee, Hot Sauce, Cajun Scrambled Eggs, Crawfish Tails, and Boudin Balls, you will hear select audio recipe snippets from: Mom's Chicken and Sausage Gumbo, Chef Matt's Shrimp and Cheese Grits, Chef Zakk's Blackened Fish, and Chef Tony's Crawfish Etouffee (click on any name to see original recipe details.)


I hope you had as good a time is I did -- taking in my very personal tour of the sights and sounds of Cajun Country. I have to give a huge 99 Cent Chef thanks to my Louisiana family and friends for an unforgettable vacation. They are fun to hang out with, and are enthusiastic, passionate Chefs -- one and all!

Breakfast in Louisiana - Video

Play it here. The video runs about 1 minute and 11 seconds.

To view or embed from YouTube, click here

1 comment:

B.Keene said...

Love the way you summed up your trip to Cajun Country with this video, Billy !! Now on to more impt. things ...Geaux LSU and 'em SAINTS !!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...