Monday, January 18, 2010

Pita Tuna Melt

This hot pocket of oozing cheesy goodness is a warm welcome on a wintry day. You know how this Chef likes pita bread. Just see my Pita Pizza recipe. I've recently found whole wheat pitas on sale at 99c Only Stores and blocks of Colby cheese. And throw in my wife's tuna salad recipe and you have a great combination of a Pita Tuna Melt.

Pita bread grills quickly and it's thinness makes quick work melting sliced cheese. Toasted whole wheat pita is more flavorful than normal plain pita, and holds-up stuffed -- no tuna salad squeezing out of all sides like regular toasted bread.

I've kept Pita Bread in the refrigerator for 3 weeks at a time, and they take-up very little room . A quick toasting softens them up.

So next time you have a yearning for a tuna salad, give the Chef's Pita Tuna Melt a try.

Directions
Make your favorite tuna salad recipe or use my wife's, just click here to view (maybe leave out the green olives?). On a stove top grill or pan, over medium heat cook pita stuffed with cheese and tuna salad. Lightly brown on both sides of pita bread until cheese is melted.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love tuna! I believe that it is the healthiest that I will ever eat!
kitchen tables

oddlyme said...

Looks GREAT!

And that 2% cheese is surprisingly tasty - you really can't tell it's low fat!

Unknown said...

Is it good

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...